Thursday, December 7

Scrooge McPhan

Gillick made a move and regardless of what you may think, he upgraded our 2007 team. You cannot possibly make a good argument that Lieber is better than Garcia. And we all know that adding Freddy allows us to improve in our pen with another trade. We got rid of Floyd and got something positive in return. We did, however, also lose a highly regarded lefty prospect. Gio had the potential to be great...but that is all we traded: potential. I was thrilled that Gillick pulled the strings and is trying to compete now. Howard and Utley are hitting their primes and it would be a shame to waste that talent by waiting for prospects to grow. And while I thought the general consensus would be a positive one...I was proven wrong.

While I checked the normal 10-12 phillies' pages I read everyday, I began to notice a trend of negativity about this deal. That phorum I read just about all the time was trashing Gillick, saying he ruined this team, destroyed and depleted the pharm, and set us back five years. Now...I never claimed to know it all when it comes to anything. Baseball is what I love the most and I personally feel I have a good grasp on things when it comes to the Phillies. I am not a numbers buff and really don't know what half the shit they post even means. Does this make me a unreliable source for Phillies thoughts?...Some may think so, but I do know one thing: Trading ONE prospect (who has a dumb first name...Gio?) and another kid who seems to have lost his baseball ability WILL NOT TAKE US FIVE YEARS TO OVERCOME! It was one kid who was forecasted to be a number 2 or 3...in about two years from now. And as I switched on Eskin (during Jody Mac's commercial break), I knew he was gonna bitch about something. His complaint? 'We got Garcia for too cheap...so something must be wrong with him.' TOO CHEAP!! That was his complaint. We didn't give up enough! And then I have come to realize something...a revelation if you will. No matter what any GM in this city does he will be called an idiot. Most of the time it is called for...any Ed Wade decision, for instance, is an example. But give credit when it is due. Be skeptical and cautious, sure, that's what these pages are for: venting and giving opinions on some of the idiots who run our sports...but for christ's sake don't say trading a AA player ruined this franchise. Trading Hamels, Utley and Howard for Jose Mesa...then you can bitch.

I would argue that if Gillick traded his box of tissues for Justin Verlander people would complain. Because "What if Gillick gets a cold?...HOW THE HELL WILL HE BLOW HIS NOSE?...YOU CAN'T BE A GM WITH A RUNNY NOSE! WHAT A FREAKIN MORON!...THIS SEASON IS OVER!"

One last thought...Manuel embarasses me when he speaks. I just saw him interviewed on MLB.com and the man can't make a coherent sentence. The fact that he represents the Phillies brings me such shame.


Oh...I was also told that adding a picture of Carmen Electra instantly upgrades a blog. So here is to my further enrichment of this page:


...couldn't agree more




PS: That makes two Eskin bashes in the past three posts...I am proud of myself

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

just keep the pics of carmen comin and i'll keep readin

BloodStripes said...

Carmen can suck my thumb like that anytime. I wanna be like David Lee Roth so forty chicks can suck me off!

Oh yeah baseball. Phuck the bloody whingers who complain all day. Freddy is a great addition to the team. Like you say Skeeter there is plenty of offensive talent. It needs to be matched by some good pitching so we can get on and win the bloody division. Lets wait and see what these whinge bags say next season after Freddy wins another 17 games. If he flops fair enough but I doubt they will whinge after some success. We still have good pitching prospects. Giving up one for a quality arm that is sorely needed is a good thing. Its an upgrade however you look at it. Now why would you bloody want to whinge about that. Poofters! Ha!

By the way, I think Gio is short for Giovanni. John in english I think.

Freddy is good. Carmen even better. Get her in the raw mate. The phans will flock.

BloodStripes said...

Would'nt you just love to be the handle on that suitcase. Wooooo!!!

Skeeter said...

I am the handle on that suitcase
...in my mind that is



also, I loved that word poofter when I was down under. Tosser was a good one too

BloodStripes said...

and wanker. I suppose these words are fairly unique to DownUnder. We shall spread the word Skeeter and tell the world on this mighty fine blog.

What about "neck". Ah ya neck. Floyd is a neck, or a dill.

There are lots of words for head too. Scone (pronounced without the E, scon) or noggin'. "The ball hit me on the scone". "Mench has a massive noggin' eh? Biggest noggin' in baseball.", and so on.

How about the word 'root'. It means gettin' your rocks off down here. We understand the term 'rooting for your team' but its always good when ya pull a root from the pub at the end of the night. Hahahaha!!

BloodStripes said...

Which I am sure you did a few times DownUnder eh? All those horny backpackin' sheilas from England and Scandanavia. Few Canadians too. Not that many American sheilas. I would have loved to have scored a Philly Phillie, or two. Ha! Choo woo!!

They make me wanna travel again. I have done a couple of trips around Oz. Man its good fun but I'm settled now with 2 kids. Will have to settle for my beautiful wife and todays pic of Carmen.

GM-Carson said...

I think Bloodstripes is cheating on me on this site...it's all good though. Driven to Deep Center and We Should Be GM's are buddies, we share our slut-bags...that's you Bloodstripes!

Carmen is fricken hot, I almost wagged my tail when I saw that pic.

Fuck the haters of Gillick and this deal!

BloodStripes said...

Hey I'm no slutbag. Just a Phightin' Phils Phan spreadin' the word.

BloodStripes said...

This site was inspired by WSBGM's wasn't it Skeeter? Thats why I'm here dudes. Supporting the offspring. The ever spreading tentacles of maniac Phillies bloggers. Charge!!!!!

Skeeter said...

This site is the bastard child of what would be if corey, carson, howard, utley, hamels and Kruk all banged carmen. So yes...without wsbgms this site might be called 'grounded up the middle' and would be a negative shithole.

And yes, we share slutbags. It's what makes us human.

But honestly, I enjoy reading the serious sites that throw numbers up there and talk about statistical baseball queries and whatever but I would take a wsbgms (or this site...mostly because i rock) over that anyday. Gotta be funny to keep me interested

Patrick said...

Well, there's a new "Chief" in town. What scares me is his declining K rate and he is letting up more bombs as of late (obviously not a good thing at CBP). But, the last two years he has thrown a lot of innings, which will be very nice. And its unfortunate getting rid of Gio, but gotta give something to get something. Most of the forums have around 80% of the people on the board pleased with this trade. So I think people are on board, and they are hoping we are on the road to having enough quality pitching to make the pla...don't want to jinx it.

Skeeter said...

Could it be true? Do my eyes decieve me? Did Patrick, the other member of this blog, FINALLY show up to play (post)?

YES!!

Great day to be alive. Now this page has some credibility. Haha.

GM-Carson said...

i like the stat sites too, but i get bored reading the same shit over and over again. that's why i like my own site and this site so much, we throw in humor but we still know what the hell we're talking about.

and bloodstripes- you are a slutbag! it's all good in the hood bro!

BloodStripes said...

Gotta share the love mate and spread the seed.

WSBGM's and Driven To Deep Center is the place to be when talkin' Phillies baseball. I also dig Beerleauger although I haven't commented there for some time.

You guys are the real Phillie Intelligencia. All knowing, fully qualified, Phillie blood pumpin' through the veins experts. HA! What a load of bollocks! I just like the girlie pics.

In all seriousness though, you guys are my mates. I've said it dozens of times but we are catchin' some Phillie ballgames together in this lifetime and drinkin' some beers to celebrate.

Skeeter said...

well thank you bloodstripes. I always thought of myself as a genuis...haha not at all.

But thanks for the support. wsbgms boys are really the first blog (or phlog if u will) that actually made it a point to post funny shit and sports at the same time. I thought that was clever and tried to spin off of the idea of posting about the coolest team and making dumb jokes at the same time. Can't take this stuff toooo seriously now. Still trying to get this thing rolling a little bit. The other team member on this page, patrick, is an old buddy of mine and he still hasn't deflowered his phlogging-self...all in due time im sure. He is smarter, baseball-wise, than i am. So i'll try to stick with pics of chicks and making fun of wankers.

And yes...looking forward to tailgating and watching some phils. gonna be awesome.

BloodStripes said...

Bloody oath it will be.

Yeah I'm no baseball brain. I like leaving that up to other phanatics like Carson and Corey. I take their word for it. They know what their on about. Its hard downunder. I have to get every bit of news off the web. No radio or TV coverage here mate. No mates telling me whats going on (except for you guys). Not even the blokes I play organised ball with. I'm the only one who is hardcore into it. For some reason I'm a baseball nut. A Phillie one at that. And I'm lovin' it!