Wednesday, December 6

Big League Gillick

Note: Be sure to read below so I don't sound like to much of an ass.

It all started on the "We Should Be GMs" comments section. The conversation began with trade and free agency rumors, then a little Burrell convo was thrown in, then Geary being a nerd was mentioned and how much Gavin Floyd isn't worth our headaches, then the best gum in the world was brought up...Big League Chew. The shredded bubblegum that fills your mouth with such juicy goodness that it is impossible to not feel like a pimp when stuffing your face with it. I believe furiousball summed it up the best: "If grape big league chew was served at fine restaurants, I would order it with a tenacity unforeseen by mankind." A truer statement could not have been stated. And while reminiscing of the euphoria that Big League Chew brought me while sitting in the dugout during little league, I began to ponder the other things that brought me bliss. My kickass dog, playing xbox, cartoons, watching my hamster run in his stupid ball, and Carmen Electra are just a few things that came to mind. The one name, however, that did not come anywhere near my thoughts was a man named Gillick.

Up until this day, I never trashed Gillick. Sure, I was pissed on how little we got in return for Bobby and was depressed when his big signing last offseason was Franklin. Or was it Nunez? Santana? No, no...it was Gonzalez, right? Either way it sucked. But in the back of my head I gave him the ultimate benefit of the doubt and thought it would take him a year to settle in and make this team a winner. After all, how many times have we been reminded of his playoff track record? So I gave it a year and was less and less impressed everyday. Sure, Moyer was nice and Conine was good for the time being but I need some satisfaction. Gillick sounds like a freakin politician with the words he spits out to us. He was "more optimistic" about finding a pitcher by the end of the winter meetings and was "pleased" with his soriano talks. And these are fine things to say...but when I read that Gillick hasn't given up on Gavin Floyd stating "I don't think he needs a fresh start, I don't think there's any problem here. Some guys just take longer than others," I almost threw up. Hearing that Gillick might not follow through on a trade because he doesn't want to give up shithead Floyd sent me over the edge. The Big League Chew comment actually started because I stated I would trade Floyd for a pack of it. I gave Gillick time. He has the money. Let us see what he does with it.

AND AS I FINISHED THAT LAST SENTENCE AND WAS ABOUT TO PUBLISH THIS PAGE, MY ROOMATE RUNS INTO MY ROOM AND JUST STATES "FREDDY GARCIA"

My words were basically shoved straight down my throat. Garcia...Freddy...traded...to us...for none other than...Mr Sucky poo poo pants


My dreams were made reality. *FLOYD IS GONE* I no longer ever have to look at this douchebag pitch in Phillies red ever again. This also means Mr fatty fat ass will probably not be a Phillie in 2007. *FLOYD IS GONE* Another deal is almost a sure thing...Our club seems to be able to only improve at this point. *FLOYD IS GONE* Gillick has done something and I no longer can complain. Giving up Gio could hurt us in the long term but I can't be pessimistic at all right about now. *FLOYD IS GONE* And as questions are raised about who our 6th pitcher is (Madson?), I can only look towards a positive 2007. *FLOYD IS GONE* So for now, the title of this post is switched from sarcasm to truth. I am happy Gillick was able to get more in return for Floyd than a pack of Big League Chew...because I know that greedy bastard wouldn't have shared any with me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
One last time... *FLOYD IS GONE*

4 comments:

Skeeter said...

I just realized basically....we traded thome and floyd to the sox for garcia and rowand. can u complain about that?

BloodStripes said...

Not at all. 2 everyday players for one old one is good. Especially since the old ones replacement is now the MVP. Yeah!!!

The Phillies rotation kicks arse now. Top deal. Now Leiber can be the bait for the couple of relievers we need. Even with Gio going back to Chicago the Phils farm still has several pitching prospects.

Things are looking good. Pass me some chew!

GM-Carson said...

dude this woulda been one of the best posts in the world if you woulda included a sexy pic of carmen electra...c'mon now!

floyd is gone!!! hell yes!!!

gio gonzalez is still unproven. he could end up being johan santana or julio santana, at least we got a proven commodity in freddy garcia.

Skeeter said...

While I agree that Carmen would have increased this post, there is a picture of floyd his pooping his pants. Can't get greedy now.

http://www.znane.reka.pl/carmen-electra/carmen_electra.jpg