Thursday, April 19

There is just too much to talk about

For a team that has produced nothing worthy of our recognition, there is a ton of news that any blogger could talk about. And while senior year of college plus my job is killing my baseball time allotments, I will do my best to run through the issues surrounding the Phillies and give my holy opinion on each.

The Bumbling Hick vs The Stammering Dick

There are few people I hate more than Howard Eskin. He is a self-serving douchebag and is an annoyance to listen to. But I found it hard to get mad or accuse him of the fiasco that took place two nights ago. And while he instigates a ton of shit with a lot of people, there is no excuse for how pissed off Manuel got. Charlie is clearly frustrated with this team and took it out on a sleezy shithead in Eskin. I wish they both fought each other and fell off a cliff in the process.

Our Ace in the Bullpen

When I first heard this on the radio, I immediately called up my 3 biggest Phillies fanned friends (??) to confirm/ask for reasoning. I, for one, hate the move.
  • Is this a demotion?
  • Is this to get Lieber starts so we can trade him?
  • Is this because our bullpen is THAT bad?
  • Whose call was this?
  • Why is it as a set-up man?
  • Are we trying to make Brett the next Papelbon?
  • ARE WE WASTING ONE OF THE TOP 20 STARTERS IN THE NL?!
  • WHAT THE LOGIC?!
All I know is this is what happens when you fail to accomplish shit in the offseason, Pat Gillick. Congratulations GM, the team you assembled was SO BAD that we had to convert our ace to a 8th inning reliever. Hey Gillick, is it fun being a fucking puppet for Montgomery and the crew? Grow some balls.

I'm Jumping in on the Movement

The "Fire Manuel Movement." I've never been against the idea but never pushed for it. The homies over at WSBGMs have been calling for it for awhile and I now join their march. For my reasoning, I have three questions to ask you:
  1. Is Charlie Manuel a good manager?
  2. Are there better managers out there?
  3. Is this team winning?
If you answered NO, YES, NO to those three questions, then a replacement should be in order. The same can be said for any manager in baseball. Manuel isn't high on the list of reasons for this deplorable 3-10 start, but he isn't innocent either. A change of pace can only be good for this team.

One Last Note

PLEASE SELL THIS TEAM TO COMPETENT OWNERS! The players are at fault but this organization is set up like a pyramid. It all starts at the top and trickles all the way down to the bat boys in the dugout to the field crew who pulls out the tarp to the guy who gets the players sunflower seeds to the guy collecting tickets to the dude with dreads in the parking lot playing "Take me out the ballgame" on the saxophone. NO ONE IS ABSOLVED!!

...You are all losers in my book

10 comments:

GM-Carson said...

The shitfest needs to stop. I can't take an entire season of this, and neither can the fanbase. They'll show up for a while, but before long it will like like the 10,000 fan crowds at the spacious Vet soon...you'll hear nothing but crickets and boos.

Anonymous said...

The madness needs to stop. This franchise obviously needs to be blown up and built up again. The ownership has to go! I had to sound repititive, but it is the only solution.

Mike said...

The Bumbling Hick needs to go and the Myers move sucks.
It's really hard to be a Phillies fan right now.

Lt. Papi said...

As a lifetime die hard Eagles fan and a newer Phillies fan, I represent the clueless stereotypical Philadelphia fan portion of this blog. I do the Eagles chant at inappropriate times (not during other sports though), smash beer cans into my head, and get into fights over what color your jersey is. That being said, I haven't heard much more preseason hype for any Philadelphia team since the ’05 Eagles than I have for the Phillies this year. And the Phils are playing like the ’05 Eagles… horribly. I have felt physical pain only a few times while watching a game on TV, most notably in last season’s NFC playoff game vs. the Cinderella story, but it has happened this season watching the Phillies too many times to count. Since I lack the knowledge and passion most of you have to make educated commentary on what is going on I have questions rather than opinions: Why is Howard hitting .213? How do you fix the bullpen at this point? How would you turn this season around? Until you let me know I’ll be practicing my Eagles chant, organizing my fantasy football drafts and crushing brews all to try to distract myself from the pain of watching a season which I was really jacked up for.

Jacobin said...

I'm not sure if any of us are truly qualified to determine how to fix the problems, but in the end the person that is supposed to handle these things is the manager. Our manager seems incapable of handling anything, other than yelling at the Burger King. To put it in a football perspective, Charlie Manuel as manager is akin to Rich Kotite as a head coach.

Lt. Papi said...

Rich Kotite...

Jesus we are in trouble. Hopefully Manuel will follow his same path and go up to New York to finish off his desire to roll into town and totally fuck up anything that he touches. All of the rage I have stored up towards Kotite from my youth and memories of my father smashing dishes and screaming his name will now be transferred to Manuel. By the sound of things it will be well deserved. Thanks for one of the most perfect analogies I can recall in recent history.

Anonymous said...

I think comparing Charlie Manuel to Rich Kotite is insulting to Kotite. At least Richie got the Eagles into the playoffs. And he certainly did not try to pick fights with members of the media. I don't know if there is a proper analogy for Charlie Manuel...he is one of a kind!

If you want my advice It. papi, don't get involved with the Phillies. They will break your heart every year and not even give you the false hope of making the playoffs. Unlike the Eagles, their ownership cares only about making a profit and consistently puts an average team on the field.

Lt. Papi said...

Only bitches call me papi... now I gotta go shower. Thanks for the advice though.

Skeeter said...

"Only bitches call me papi"...genius

Skeeter said...

Also Mike...Hard may be an understatement.