Thursday, March 29

Opening Countdown: Part 4 - Division

Four days left boys. I'm wearing Phillies red and ready to begin. I might start tailgating tomorrow. And on to the countdown...

Monday: 7 players of concern
Tuesday: 6 reasons I love Chase Utley
Wednesday: 5 X factors

Thursday: 4 reasons the division title is ours
Friday: 3 gayest Mets
Saturday: 2 breakout performances to expect
Sunday: 1 biggest ass-munch on the team

The 4 Reasons the Division Title Belongs to Philadelphia

Well, this is one of those overly optimistic posts that should leave you all feeling warm and fuzzy inside. Or leave you all with a feeling that I'm an idiot...
  1. What other team in the division has their own general?
    None. We have one in Jimmy Rollins, however. He has stated multiple times that the Phillies are the team to beat. That doesn't guarantee a division, but Jimmy and every other teammate believes it and none are going to back down. No white flags this season. He is the leader we have needed for so long to get us over that huge freakin' hump. And in case you haven't noticed, his spring stats are incredibly encouraging.

  2. The Mets are NOT as good as everyone thinks
    There... I said it. They aren't. I'm not saying they suck or anything close to that, but they are not a 95+ win team. There lineup is the same as 2006, their bullpen is worse than 2006 and their rotation is nothing compared to 2006. Valentin won't hit nearly what he did last season. Alou and Green aren't the most reliable players. Their top 5 in the lineup, however, is horribly scary. It's not going to be easy against them, but it won't be complete domination on their part. It's the Braves we should truly worry about.

  3. Age is on our side
    Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Shane Victorino, Brett Myers, Cole Hamels, Ryan Madson, Carlos Ruiz, Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary, Matt Smith, Adam Eaton, Jayson Werth, Greg Dobbs, Aaron Rowand. That is 15 players on the better side of 30. And while age doesn't make a player great, it does have its obvious advantages. Jamie Moyer, however, does sort of cancel out most of these players. (Players in blue are keys to the season)

  4. The Law of Averages
    This states "the view that eventually, everything evens out." Based on probability, it is only a matter of time before the Phillies win the division. We have been waiting very long and not so patiently for it to happen. Isn't it about time we get there? Don't we deserve it? 93 wins or bust...

And staying with the theme of 93, the pump up picture...

6 comments:

BloodStripes said...

Pump me up. Woooo!!!

4 bloody good reasons right there Skeeter. I like 'em all.

Lets go Phillies!

GM-Carson said...

I need to boxers, as I just busted a nut gazing at those tix.

Corey said...

excellent job making some letters blue.

Skeeter said...

I think I am very crafty. I also used bold to emphasize the titles. I can teach you how if you want.

D. Page said...

These pictures are awesome, I'm getting hype just lookin at em.

Anonymous said...

i believe i still have my world series tickets from 93