Tuesday, March 27

Opening Day Countdown: Part 2 - Utley

Six days left now. It is officially under a week until opening day. Continuing with the countdown...

Monday: 7 players of concern
Tuesday: 6 reasons I love Chase Utley
Wednesday: 5 X factors
Thursday: 4 reasons the division title is ours
Friday: 3 gayest Mets
Saturday: 2 breakout performances to expect
Sunday: 1 biggest ass-munch on the team


The 6 Reasons I love Chase Utley


You would think I would list the six reasons I love Ryan Howard, after all he is number 6. But Howard doesn't rank nearly as high to me as Utley does and I think Chase is a far superior player. So here they are.

  1. He clearly hates the media
    Well, maybe 'hate' is too strong of a word, but he isn't a Jimmy Rollins type of player who strives to be in the spotlight. Many might think it makes Utley arrogant or selfish for not wanting to indulge the media with every facet of his life. Not me, because guess what.... I hate the media too.

  2. He hustles every single play
    I was debating on whether or not to put this in here because we have heard it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many freakin' times. But I can't hide from the truth.

  3. "My plan is to stay a Phillie for life"
    He said this.

  4. He saved my life
    Last July, when the Phillies were giving away their players for scraps and we were told to wait until 2008, Chase and his 35 game hitting streak was the only thing keeping me away from a noose.

  5. He is good looking
    Now, before you call me gay, hear me out. His good looks attract plenty of female fans to the ballpark. This fills CBP with college girls (some of whom are decent looking) and gives me more opportunities to strike out with them. This is one of those "baseball intangibles" we often hear about.

  6. When the Phillies are playing baseball deep into October...
    He will be a major reason.

And the pump up picture for today...



...this is Utley attempting to kill someone for trying to steal second base. Utley owns second base.

5 comments:

GM-Carson said...

"He's good looking", you my friend are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Skeeter said...

Haha. But I turned his good looks into straightness by pointing out that he attracts dumb college broads.

GM-Carson said...

Don't try and divert the attention from your homoic ways.

furiousBall said...

He hustles and loves playing the game. That's the thing that I liked the most about Pete Rose.

goDuke said...

Defintely gay. Burrell still puts more college hotties in the seats. Of course I still can't wait to see if he starts off on fire and then tanks when the semester is over and the girls start going to more games... engaged or not, I say he has at least a momentary late May - early June swoon as he starts plowing co-eds again.