Thursday, March 1

lager

After a full night of drinking (I am still in college afterall), I want to share what is on my Phillies mind.

- Howard was walked before Burrell tonight in the Exhibition 'exhibition game,' and what did Burrell do...
Double down the line to score Howard from first. Yes it was only against a college team, however, I see this as an omen of things to come in 2007.

- Watching ESPN at the bar tonight, I saw baseball scores scrolling across the bottom of the screen. It was a BEAUTIFUL sight.

- J.A. Happ has his own blog called "What's HAPPening." Very clever title. Maybe I'll try to get a link on there...and fail miserably

- Utley hit a homerun tonight because he is the second coming of Jesus...

- IT IS AMAZING TO BE TALKING ABOUT BASEBALL GAMES AGAIN!



...sorry if what I just typed sounded uneducated or dumb. Yuengling is my favorite friend.


P.S. - Funny sidenote. There was a game called QUIZO played at the bar I went to tonight. You get in teams and answer dumb questions. The most clever team name I heard tonight: "Ellen DeGeneres' favorite thing about the Oscars was going down on the red carpet." Geniuses if you ask me.

10 comments:

furiousBall said...

team trivia team names are great...one night when a rowdy bunch of english soccer fans were in the bar, we nearly started a brawl when we chose our team name..."God Shave the Queen"

GM-Carson said...

Ellen is a dyke...brilliant!

Burrell is a pimp...awesome!

Yuengling is ok, but I prefer High Life.

Skeeter said...

My best friend's dad has worked for Miller his entire life. Around his house, we aren't allowed to drink anything else. High Life is lovely

BloodStripes said...

Skeeter ya lager lout. Nothing like a good night on the beers and a carpet munch. I cant wait for a piss up on the Yuengling at a sports bar in Philly watching the Phils massacre a team. Like the mutts maybe? Shit yeah! It might seem like a lame goal to have, but for Phillie Phanatic downunder its big and for real.

BloodStripes said...

Your lager post has put me in the mood for some beers Skeeter. I'm downing some Coopers original pale ales right now. Bloody good drop mate. South Australian brew with all natural ingredients. No preserves, just good shit. No hangover! Ha! Its true I'm working tommorrow.

By the way. What you said did not sound uneducated or dumb to this non colleged Aussie. It sounded like a bloody good night. And who needs to be a college student to get on the piss all night. No excuses mate. Just have fun!

GM-Carson said...

As per usual, BloodStripes commentary style puts a smile on my face :)

D. Page said...

We went huge on the bottle at Stain Club, and we shall continue to do so throughout the weekend. Amen.

BloodStripes said...

Go hard boys.

Someone has to do the partying now that our main man party animal Pat Burrell is engaged.

Skeeter said...

I can't wait for the day when I get bombed with bloodstripes... It will eventually happen.

Working on getting bombed now, by the way...

And keep it up Page...don't stop

BloodStripes said...

Eventually it will Skeeter. It will be huge. Hopefully I won't to old by then. It may be a few years but it will happen.