Sunday, February 25

Quick Notes

I have been sick and extremely busy the past few days, so I am sorry that there have been no recent posts. I was hoping a team member would step up and write some things while I was down, but I guess I wish for too much. So here are a few quick notes that are on my mind. Better posts this week, I promise.
  • Utley the Hippie? No, just trying to stop Global Warming. Whatever, just hit over .300, knock in over 100, and give me a World Series and you can stop world hunger and save the dolphins for all I care. What a good dude he is, though.
  • I just got "Long Drive: The 2006 Phillies Video Yearbook" delivered to my place. I recommend. If you aren't already pumped for the season (you are probably dead then) this video well get you jacked up like your drinking red balls. "Cocaine in a can baby!!"
  • This is from a few days ago, but when I read the title: "Burrell Recalls College Days," I thought I was about to read some stories filled with 5 lady orgies, kegs of Jack Daniels and good old fashioned panty raids. What a disappointment...
  • I have been trying to think of some good, original and new nicknames for our boys in red. I will list them as I come up with them. For now I have... King Ut for Chase, The General for Rollins (see previous post for reasoning) and Mr. Sucky Poo Poo Pants for Floyd (this has been mentioned numerous times on this site). And for good measure, here he is:

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I too thought I was going to be reading a great article on Pat Burrell's college days, what a downer.

I love how Corey and I make fun of David Bell still excessively even though he's not around and you guys trash Floyd...keep up the good work!

furiousBall said...

Yeah that Pat Burrell article was the biggest disappointment since well his season last year.