Tuesday, February 20

I am ready for war...

Here it is, my battle cry. Rollins is doing his part to fire up the troops and I love every single minute of it. And instead of Phillies fans complaining about it and thinking he should shut up and just play the game, let us all embrace it. So join Jimmy and lace up your combat boots, load that AK-47 and prepare for battle.

Dear Jimmy,
As our general, we salute you. Lead us through this season and carry us towards victory over our enemy of the East. Show us the way to dismantle the bomb known as the Mets and provide us with the fire power to surge in October.

Sincerely,

Sgt. Skeeter


Take note of these dates:

April 16 & 17
June 29 & 30 and July 1
August 27, 28, 29 & 30

....All Phillies phans report to Citizens Bank Park as our boys take on the Mets. Be sure to wear your army fatigues (Phillies Red) and bring your battle cries (boos). I want a rivalry like none other. I want Met/Phillies game to be nationally televised. I want "Mets Suck" chants. I want bench clearing brawls. I want a WAR!!!!

Usually fans should watch their mouth in terms of cockiness and predictions, however, in this case I am going all out. THE METS WILL NOT WIN THIS YEAR! THE BRAVES WILL NOT WIN THIS YEAR! I am not worried about eating these words. I am not scared of a Mets fan who tries to invade our park/our home/our life. I am not concerned about our boys ability to get it done. I am gearing up for World War III.

So play your Rocky music, wear your Howard shirt, never take off your Phillies hat. Don't ever utter "I think we have a good shot this year" or "We'll see how the season plays out." Show this city and this country that the Phillies are indeed the team to beat. Let Jimmy do his thing. All we have to do is follow our general.



If this doesn't fire you up or make you crave an ultimate rivalry, maybe these will. Listed in the comment section two days ago:
Mr.M said...

Phillies SUCK!!... Let's Go Mets!!

2:34 PM
And then just yesterday...
Mr.M said...

this just in from Clearwater

12:42 AM


Click those links.

Now join me...

7 comments:

furiousBall said...

I'll be there for the 29th game, my son's birthday is the 28th. We shall celebrate by watching the Phils win and teach my son to chant "Mets Suck" and give anyone wearing blue the finger.

Skeeter said...

that is the best parenting advice I have ever heard.

I will be to at least half of those games. It's fun as shit having other fans there. Makes the game so much more intense.

icarus236 said...

I also like that the Phillies finally have a vocal leader. In the past they have had to many players who didn't speak up like Lieberthal and Abreu. Rollin's rhetoric is a refreshing change of pace.

Unknown said...

Well, god knows I'll be there for pretty much every home game this summer. Nothing beat the extra innings win we had last year when Abreu hit that screamer with the bases loaded. You had to give Heilman credit for sacrificing his body on that play.... The whole stadium went crazy.

This rivalry has the possibility of catching up to that of the Red Sox and Yankees in a couple years.

Skeeter said...

I was at that game Godfather. Amazing ending.

I am hoping for a huge rivalry

GM-Carson said...

screw the mets and their fans.

i have a paraprofessional and her last name is "metz"...screw her too!

BloodStripes said...

I hear ya sargeant Skeets. If I see any mets fans in Australia. They are dead meat!

When your at the games cheer extra loud for me boys. I'll be watching on the net.