Wednesday, November 29

This and That

Here is the short of anything important that happened today in the world of baseball.

Albert Pujols is a dick. Over a week after the MVP awards were given out, Pujols is speaking some unknown language about how he was snubbed over the award. He states, and I quote "I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP." Maybe someone should point out to him that the Cardinals barely made it in and that the actual MVP's team won more games than his. His dream is also to make the Hall of Fame. What an ass... (I should note that for the past 5 years I have always like Pujols and loved watching his consistency. He always seems like a team player and a genuine guy. But talk shit on my boy and I no longer have respect for you.)

Borowski is a bum. The Phillies were informed to not sign 35 year old reliever Joe Borowski for multi-years by doctors due to a physical he took. THANK GOD! Do the Phillies really want another aging veteran who is going to break down in July? Maybe a one year deal I can take, but after this report I'm skeptical about that.

Martinez is okay. Nothing to do with the Phils but I was hoping to hear a report one day that says:
"Pedro's rehab takes odd unexpected turn. According to doctors, Martinez will only make a full recovery if he pitches out west for an American League team. One like the Mariners or Rangers. This is odd and perplexed the doctors but there is some good to it. The Phillies will be better off."
Oh well. A boy can dream...

Piazza a Phillie? According to Rosenthal, the Phillies are making a strong push for this HORRIBLE defensive catcher with some pop. Do we need him? In my opinion absolutely not. What the hell is going on with all these reports. Two weeks ago Gillick is looking for a young catcher. All this week the Phillies deny reports that they have interest in Piazza. Now today we are frontrunners for him. Piazza is a SLOW runner with some juice left in his bat who has no defensive capability left in him. Coste and Ruiz are both better choices. How can we tell if Ruiz is the future for us if he is splitting time with 2 players over the age of 34? Plus, it is way too much fun to make fun of Piazza and call him a homo.

Contracts are insane. Dayn Perry talks about the worst contracts thus far and mentions the Phillies' signing of Eaton as fourth worst and the Mets' signing of Alou as the only good contract given out this offseason. I agree that the Mets's signing is a decent one considering the years and how much money the Mets have to throw around. But Eaton can't be the 4th worst. Can it? And I agree that Lee, Pierre and Matthews are horrible but isn't Soriano's just ridiculous? Sure he is a great player but 8 years, FNTC, for a 31 year old DOMINCAN (meaning he is probably 58) is a bit much and, to me, more absurd than 3 years for a 29 year old with 4 plus pitches. Then again, like with everything on this site, I am biased.

Gagne is back. Eric Gagne is trying to prove he is healthy again and is going to return in 2007. My guess is the Phillies won't (and should not) sign him. Since Boras is his agent, I doubt he will come cheap to any team. I'm guessing those steriods really messed up his body...

Glavine will be on a team by December 4th. Tom Glavine said he will sign with a team by the winter meetings, either the Braves or the Mets. Who do I want him to sign with? Well, we seem to be able to hit him on the Mets, but if my memory serves me, he gave us trouble while on the Braves. However, he was older while a Met and that could do greatly with why this is. I would hope for the Braves. If he leaves New York then that gives the Mutts one more hole to fill. And since they are our biggest competition in the division, I would rather them suffer.

Wolf will miss Philly. We'll miss you too. Unless Eaton rocks...



Also, I noticed I didn't add any pictures with any of these blurbs....so here is one everyone can enjoy:





You want protection for Howard? Just send Burrell out there without a shirt on. Who is gonna mess with that? Not I.

8 comments:

BloodStripes said...

I too have lost all respect for someone whom I thought was cool, but it seems he is just another ego tripping wanker because he is a good ballplayer. Yes Albert Shitholes is a wanker. After talking trash about our MVP Ryano he has lowered his status amongst all us fans. Make sure all you Philly based Phanatics give him hell at the Cit next year.

Bloody wanker!!!

BloodStripes said...

The MVP should go to the best player in the league no matter where his team finishes. If Howard did what he did on a last place team it would be even more impressive not less. First or last place, if your the best, your the MVP.

As his name suggests, Pujols takes it up the ass.

O.K, I feel better now. Thankyou for this rant space Skeeter.

GM-Carson said...

screw pujols!

borowski isn't worth the risk.

NO piazza....NO!

Anonymous said...

he's such a douchebag. he used the only criteria he could to justify his pansy ass crybabying because he knows howard has him beat everywhere else.

the phils won more games during the season than the cards anyway, what does that say, huh pujols huh

Skeeter said...

Poo holes...says it all

also bloodstripes...feel free to rant anytime and use that aussie lingo. Wanker...love it. I remember hearing a whole bunch more curse words when I was over there but now I forget them

BloodStripes said...

There are plenty of good ones. I will try to use some when applicable.

Anonymous said...

It's Muller, I don't feel like getting a name yet, but I will soon. Couple things, Pujols is gay. Burrell HATES clothes. Nice picture of you looking totally straight. I'll miss Wolf too. And finally, Scott Boras is the reason babies die.

GM-Carson said...

what do you have finals are something you fricken college pussies?

just playin'!