Wednesday, May 2

A Mixed Bag of Emotions

I said it. I almost jinxed Philadelphia last night. After Rollins lead off with a base hit and Rowand walked, I turned to my two roommates and said these exact words: "Yo, this game is in the bag. Hamels vs Redman isn't even fair." Sure enough Utley and Howard lined out. Then Burrell popped up on the first pitch. My foot started its way towards my mouth.

Hamels, our pimpass ace, gives up a leadoff double, then a homerun to Chipper Jones. By the end of the inning, Cole seemed lucky to get out alive with only 3 runs given up. I don't think I could describe to you in text the anger and extreme frustration I was feeling at the end of the first. This baby to right is the best way I can describe it.

But then something uplifting happened. The Phillies battled back for four runs and knocked Redman out of the game. This caused the Braves to go to their bullpen a hell of a lot earlier than they would ever plan. Also, Brian McCann was literally knocked out of the game by Barajas. No McCann and signs of a potent offense had me feeling more like this baby now.

But Hamels, who struggled in his first inning, got into another jam in the 2nd, by giving up a lead off double to Wilson. Some smart defense by Utley saved his ass. I was feeling very unsure at this point what to make of Hamels. See baby.


But as we all know, the Phillies won and everything ended on a happy note for us phans. But besides FINALLY beating the Braves, the most encouraging thing to come out of last nights game is the maturity of Hamels. We are watching him grow into an ace right before our eyes. After not being able to locate anything in the first 2 innings, he settled down and controlled a potent Braves offense until the 8th inning, when Chipper went deep for a second time. My feelings during that homerun, once again, described by the baby.

Another very positive note: Myers has seemed to adjust to life in the bullpen and has been the sigh of relief we have been waiting for in the eighth inning. The ninth may still be tricky, but if flash can get his curveball back, I will find myself feeling like these monkeys a lot more often:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and don't ask me why I used pictures of babies throughout this post. I have no rhyme or reason for it...

6 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Since I'm a daddy-to-be I thought the baby pics were a fun way to show the emotions throughout the game. The monkey pic at the end was cute too, but doesn't compare to the "hairy monkey's nipple" image that has surfaced on WSBGM's 3 times now...maybe it's time for a return.

Lt. Papi said...

That one baby needs to go upstairs and put some lotion on. God damn.

Jacobin said...

I kept expecting the end of the post to end with something like:

All of the babies used in this posting may be the progeny of Pat Burrell pending paternity testing.

Skeeter said...

...shit...that's a good one. Anything having to do with Burrell and illegitimate children is classic.

I need others insight while writing these

GM-Carson said...

Skeeter you're a genius, almost to the level of mine. Obviously, I think highly of myself.

Jacobin said...

The love you guys show for yourselves is truly touching...

...and by using words like "love" "yourself" and "touching," I am of course making a reference to masturbatory habits!