Thursday, April 26

Dugout Seats

With my current 610 internship coming to an end, my boss gave me a nice little going away present: Two tickets to last night's game, 2nd row right behind the Phillies dugout. I consider myself a humble guy and never really had seats better than the outfield. This was one hell of an experience. I got pictures posted at the bottom of the amazing view.

Some quick game notes and thoughts first
  • Ryan Howard isn't back, but he is getting there. The two-run homerun against the wind was an encouraging sign
  • 5 for 5. Do I have to say anything more about Chase Utley?
  • Jimmy Rollins is absolutely baffling myself and the rest of baseball. 8 homeruns in 20 games is amazing. He is making a very strong case for player of the month honors.
  • Burrell is still hitting and on-basing at a .400+ clip.
  • Matt Smith practically booked his own ticket to Canada last night. When he was walking back to the dugout I screamed out "HAVE FUN IN OTTAWA!!" He didn't look up at me...what a pussy.
  • Lieber is taking over nicely for Myers in the rotation. AND THE FATASS GOT A HIT!! I swear I thought the left fielder had a chance to throw him out before he got to first.
  • I'm 1 for 1 in my prediction thus far for the rest of April.
Two days ago I posted about a fan who was saying the most ridiculously retarded things during the game. I kept my mouth shut then, but couldn't refrain last night. When Burrell was up to bat with two men on, someone said "He is still hitting like .190 with RISP. Look, he only has 8 RBIs." I love jumping in on conversations to prove assholes wrong. I responded "Well Utley and Howard haven't been on base in front of him, so who is he going to knock in? Plus, he is hitting almost .400 with RISP. And his OBP is almost .500." The response from him "You like Burrell?" I responded "Yes, and I get very frustrated when fans hate on him for false reasons. He is too valuable to this team." The conversation continued a little bit longer and they started mentioning his contract and power shortage last season. I turned it all around on them. I should be on a debate team or something.

Player of the game.

Aaron Rowand's "I have to take a dump" batting stance.



Howard prior to his homerun

The Bell after J-Roll's bomb

Click on this picture for an up-close look at El Pulpo's sixth finger





Look at the creepy guy with the black hat staring at these girls

I think they wanted me

8 comments:

BloodStripes said...

Good pics mate. What an awesome view. CBP is a quality venue. Good to see your .500 at games attented. Hamels to get us another this afternoon.

Mike said...

The 2007 MISL Champion Philadelphia Kixx Dance Team was at the game?!

Nice job sticking up for Pat Burrell- the NL's OBP leader.

Donut Eater has a 1.54 ERA as a starter.

Things are really looking good right now...

GM-Carson said...

I've got more wood than the Phillies bat rack thanks to those girly pics...thanks!

I'm tired of retards bashing on Burrell. Bash him for being slow- ok. Bash him for taking way too many called 3rd strikes- ok. But don't bash him him with false bullshit...get a clue!

Jacobin said...

Those were great seats you had for a great game to see! Not too bad of a parting present for the end of an internship.

If I didn't have a final tomorrow, I'd take a chance on getting a walk-up ticket for today's game. Oh well, guess I'll just have to listen to this win on the radio (nine innings of Larry Andersen!).

And for all of us Matt Smith haters, I would like to thank you and fully endorse what you said to him. I hope he's in Ottawa before the first pitch is thrown today.

Jacobin said...

Ask and ye shall receive! Matt Smith has been optioned to Ottawa (Fabio Castro called up) before a pitch was thrown in today's game.

At this time I'd also like to mention that I could use a tremendous windfall of money before the end of the month. Thank you.

D. Page said...

Sweet pics, I linked to them on my blog

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had an excellent view of the game. My brother-in-law can occasionally score seats 4 rows behind home plate. Once you sit in seats like that or behind the dugout it is so hard to go back to the outfield!

Kudos on defending Burrell. He has been one of the few consistently good players this season. How anybody can boo him now is beyond me.

Jacobin said...

Manuel sends up Nunez in a pinch hit situation... maybe it's just me, but there isn't much of a difference between No-Hit Nunez and a pitcher batting for themselves, hell I'd probably bat the pitcher 8th in front of Nunez if he's in the starting lineup.