Thursday, March 22

The thoughts that are driving me mad

It has been an eventful week for Phillies phans everywhere. Our 'pseudo-ace' went down with tightness, our 6th starter/relief pitcher is a bit disappointed with his situation, our future catcher is down because the poor baby was "feeling a little sore," and our port-o-potty is still... well... shitty. There isn't really one topic I think I can narrow down today, so I will just list the things that I can't get out of my head.

  • Why do I feel like we have a ton of options at catcher? And why is Werth always talked about as an option behind the plate? WE HAVE NO DEPTH IN THE OUTFIELD! Please don't make this man a catcher. Chris Coste anyone...
  • It has struck me as peculiar that Lieber will be the in bullpen. He is a starter, however, the circumstances require him to shift. But to what role? He is getting paid too much for long relief and the 6th and 7th belong to Madson/Geary/Smith. Set-up? Makes sense since we don't have diddly-poop there.
  • And sticking with the Lieber-shift, I am sick and tired of hearing the Phillies front office and psycho Manager talk about what it takes for someone to be in the bullpen: "He throws strikes" is all I hear. Is that really all it takes to be in a Major League bullpen? So let me get this straight, relievers throw strikes and starters throw...what...balls?
  • Pat Burrell has been wretched. He looked ugly at the plate yesterday striking out 3 times in 4 at bats. Of course, this is Spring Training and once the season starts, he will bat .450 with a .770 OBP.
  • If you add up our left fielder and center fielder's batting averages, they still don't equal that of our right fielder.
  • Opening Day cannot come soon enough


Also, for a hilarious bashing of a fellow blogger, click here and read Corey rip Carson a new asshole.

5 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Corey did a good job blasting me on our blog...quality stuff.

I really think the Phils will be sending Chris Coste to Triple A and that's why Werth is catching some now so he can be the emergency catcher after Barajas/Ruiz. I still can't believe after the success that Coste had last season that the club wouldn't at least give him an opportunity to duplicate it...fucking dumbasses!

furiousBall said...

I hate "he throws strikes" as much as I hate "he's an innings eater" a la Cory Lidle.

Coste should be the second catcher with Ruiz starting and Barajas somewhere else.

BloodStripes said...

Many thoughts maybe driving you mad Skeeter but just keep scrolling down the home page mate.
Carmen is still there to help you ease the pain. The pain of MSB. Mass sperm build up.

Skeeter said...

bloodstripes...did you ever think of coming to America as a stand-up comic? You would succeed my friend.

BloodStripes said...

I've thought alot about going to America but not as a comic. Just a regular Aussie who digs baseball. But hey it would be fun. I think I would have to go before Furiousball though. He's a bloody crack up.