Sunday, May 13

Graduation

Four years of collegiate education and I am finally done with this nonsense known as school. Sure, it was fun at times, but never having to study for a test ever again or type up a paper gets me happier than Carmen Electra can. I graduated from LaSalle University yesterday and now have to enter something called the real world. Who cares right? This is a Phillies site. But I figured I should tie in the theme of graduation as it pertains to this baseball team. So what Phillies have finally graduated into stud players?
  1. Cole Hamels
    • I don't even need to give reasoning. A once highly regarded prospect who has blossomed into an ace every team would want. Second in the league in wins. Second in strikeouts. First in pimping. Cole Hamels is one player who truly deserves his own webpage.
  2. Shane Victorino
    • Finally got a chance to start regularly when Gillick gave Abreu away for nothing. He did enough to earn a spotting start in 2007 and thus far has done more than enough to keep it. One of the best arms in baseball. Amazing speed/defense. Third in the league in stolen bases and will probably become the leadoff man in the next couple years, if not months. It is safe to say that Shane should be around for quite some time.
  3. Carlos Ruiz
    • Philadelphia has been starving for a catcher to make us smile. Ruiz comes with defense and pop. He has above average speed for a backstop and has come up with some big hits. He leads NL rookies in hitting and is in the top 3 or 4 in many rookie categories. Manuel, for some reason unbeknown by me, continues to trot him out batting 8th behind suckers like Nunez, Werth and Helms. Chooch has, however, won the starting job over "super veteran" suckass Barajas. Thank God.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And since I was busy with school activities over the weekend, here is my lightning quick weekend wrap-up:
  • Burrell is awesome.
  • When did Dobbs learn to hit?
  • Lilly may have dominated us, but his last name is still lilly...which is a flower
....homo

5 comments:

Jacobin said...

Congratulations Skeeter! Graduation is a wonderful thing... welcome to the 27% of the American population with at least a bachelor's degree!

However, I would offer a simple warning regarding one part of your posting ("...but never having to study for a test ever again or type up a paper gets me happier than Carmen Electra can."). I had these feelings too when I obtained my undergrad degree... then I wound up in law school (graduating this week!). Even if you don't think you want to go to more school, you may wind up there again...

Anyway, grats man! Getting your degree is no small feat and you should be really proud of yourself.

BloodStripes said...

Congratulations Skeeter! You must be stoked. Well done mate!

GM-Carson said...

College is for losers!

Shit, then why the hell did I do 6 years?

Ok, congrats Skeet!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the graduation Skeeter. I was so proud when I earned my BA, which is now collecting dust in my closet.

Skeeter said...

thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you