Friday, April 6

A Change of Pace

The airwaves, television stations, blogsphere and local bars are all filled with depression and negativity...and rightfully so. There is only a handful of things to be happy about these days as a Phillies fan. In fact, last night at PJ Whelihan's, I had on a Phillies shirt and some people just shook their head at me in a sad, disappointed manner. I was drinking Yuengling so I didn't let it bother me, but I understood their pain. And while I could sit here and bitch, whine and complain about our bullpen, offense, GM and manager, I thought I'd TRY to put some things in perspective with our current putrid 0-3 start. Maybe a look around the league will convince us to loosen that noose.

Other 0-3 teams: Houston Astros, St. Louis Cardinals (World Series Champions), Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles (not a good example)
Other teams who struggled: LA Dodgers (WS Contenders), Chicago Cubs (Millions Spent), Ch White Sox (Still a strong team)

Ryan Howard has been pretty bad thus far. So has the best player in baseball...
Albert Pujols: 1 hit in 10 at-bats with no RBIs and 2 walks
Other studs with averages under .200: Garciaparra, Berkman, Uggla, Delgado, LaRoche, Carlos Lee, and Wes Helms (ohh...wait)

Basically, the Phillies' play has been poor...borderline horrible. I hurt my hand today punching the power on my TV off after Eaton blew the game. I'm not happy and neither are you. But maybe we should stop and realize that three games is just a small blip on the big scheme of a season. Gillick isn't blind, and while I don't find him to be a good GM at all, he has to understand that he needs to make a move.

I'm trying my best here to improve our horribly depressing spirits. I don't think I'm doing so great so I called in reinforcements. These always raise our happy-meter here at Driven to Deep Center:




...Carmen Electra is truly a fan favorite on this website.

9 comments:

Corey said...

keep putting pics like that up and carson may turn straight...

GM-Carson said...

Yep, that's my best friend Corey busting on me...you mother humper!

I think I almost saw nip in that first pic...good for the ol' happy meter.

The better fucking win today, that's all I have to say.

Old Fat Ted said...

There are pictures like these on the internet! O my!

I like a lot.

kentucky phils phan said...

i'm with carson...we better win today, and if the team keeps up like this charlie might not be manager for too long.

Skeeter said...

They have to win today, don't they? The way I see it, they will be out of Philly (good change of scenery), in some warmer weather, facing a still very young team, with Moyer on the mound. Jamie will school these young bucks and Howard will break out of his slump against Sergio.

Skeeter said...

I mean, his name IS Sergio.

BloodStripes said...

Carmen has the best ass in baseball.

Wake up Phils. Win!

Anonymous said...

I'm still optimistic! Shame on those who are ready to jump ship so quickly. Go be a Yankees fan if you want instant gratification. It's never been easy rooting for the Phils.

And while I like the Yuengling Lager, I prefer Lord Chesterfield's Ale.

Jacobin said...

I love Vitamin Y (lager), but if I've got the money I'm going to sit around and drink Hoegaarden... hell, Yuengling might be America's Oldest Brewery, but the Hoe has been around since 1445!

Of course they don't serve that at the park, so I guess it's Vitamin Y at the game.