Thursday, December 28

Thank You Giants

So Zito is staying on the west coast and far away from the Mets...and, in turn, the Phillies. After agreeing to a contract worth $126,000,000 for 7 years, Barry Zito is off the market and paid the big bucks we all knew Boras was going to get him. This in turn leaves our division foe with a putrid rotation. As of now they have Pedro for half the year, old 'El Duque,' older Glavine, rookie John Maine, and...I guess Oliver Perez?

Wow...makes me giggle a little inside. I don't know enough about their minor league system to know how deep they are, but from what I understand, they aren't a club like the Braves and have little to trade. Lastings Milledge is apparently their biggest chip and I doubt they will get much for him. Also, of the remaining free agent starting pitchers left, only 3 maybe scare me. One being Clemens...and we know he isn't signing to the Mets. Two being Mulder...but he was an injury case last year. Three being Ryan Franklin...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

But seriously though, this news filled me with great joy. I was often thinking "I don't care if Zito goes to the Mets, one pitcher isn't going to bring them a championship, they are going to overpay anyways, plus Zito is overrated." Deep down, however, I knew I wanted nothing to do with a Mets team that had Barry headlining their rotation. And although it is still awhile until the season starts, it is nice to know that all those Mutts fans around the country are crying inside.

So here's to you...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Also, please be sure to check back tomorrow. My team member, Patrick, and I are going to be busy all day constructing what we like to call "The Ultimate Pat Burrell Post." All haters beware, it may make you queezy. Challenge us...we dare you.

4 comments:

BloodStripes said...

This is very good news. I wasn't keen on Zito pitching against us too much either. The Phillies should challenge the mutts in a big way for the division in '07. Things a looking good.

Skeeter said...

things looking fannnnntastic

check back tomorrow bloodstripes...got a whole bunch of goodies lined up this next week

BloodStripes said...

good stuff mate, look forward to it.

GM-Carson said...

"The Ultimate Pat Burrell" post? You dudes took the idea straight from my head. Corey and I really like Pat Burrell and have wrote some funny shit about him during the past year, so I was thinking of doing a "Best of Pat Burrell" post, but I'll let you guys take the glory on this one. We're one big happy disfunctional family anyway. I've got Madden to play, peace!