Tuesday, November 21

People showing love...and hate

All around Philadelphia, since nothing else is positively happening in sports, the buzz is about Howard. And rightfully so. He had one of the best years we have ever seen here in Philly and won countless awards while keeping a very humble manner about him. He has class and power. Two things we love. Buildings are beaming blue and red lights, gigantic signs are being displayed, national attention is being displayed about the Phillies. The Cira Centre has the coolest display...An all red light display with a blue 'P'. Looks awesome coming down 76. And while we won't truly be happy until a championship is won...we can live with this for now.

But what is up with everyone not showing any love for the actual MVP candidates? Justin Morneau, a very talented 25 year old, helped carry the twins offensively this year. Sure Mauer was nothing short of spectacular, but the name of the game is score runs...and Morneau helped them immensely in that category. Since when is .321/34/130 a laughable choice, Keith Law. Especially for a team that was unstoppable when Justin went on his hitting spree. Oh...wait...I know why it is laughable...Because the 200 million dollar Yankees also made the playoffs...And obviously that 200 million dollars doesn't go to getting premier players to make up a vomit-inducing lineup. Nope...Derek Jeter was the only decent player on that team...right? Arod, Damon, Cano, Giambi, Rivera, Wang, Mussina, Posado...all nobodies who, without Jeter, would have maybe had 45-50 wins. Right? Give me a break. Jeter had a unbelievable year and is a stellar athlete...but the ONLY reason people are calling for the sportswriters' heads is because his name is "Jeter"...he plays for the "Yankees"...and he has never won it before. Take those 3 factors away and you won't hear shit. And I am not saying Jeter wasn't deserving...but give Morneau his credit...he deserves that award.

Also, I must quickly defend people talking shit on our boy. The number one argument I hear is "the Cardinals made the playoffs." And while I cannot argue with the obvious...people who make that statement forget to point out that THE PHILLIES WON MORE GAMES THAN THE MEASILY 83-CARDINALS. Not sure if that means anything but I think it should. Also people point out that Pujols had higher slugging, OBP, OPS and avg...it wasn't by an enormous amount. Howard's higher HR, RBIS and walks were of greater distance. Then again...I am being a ridiculously biased phan right now. And I don't even know why I am complaing...Howard won...what the hell am I talking about this for?
...Godamn this city needs to win a championship soon...



Also referring to Carlos Lee...my stance with him is very similar to Soriano's...for the right price I would DEFINITELY take him...but with the market the way it is and how spending-happy every GM seems to be, I VERY much doubt there will be a right price for him.

Note to the wise: Focus on pitching














Also also...what the hell happened to Kramer?


















Also also also, if you like good music (and who doesn't) I highly suggest you get the new Brand New cd "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me." Have you never heard of them? Take my word..they rock

8 comments:

GM-Carson said...

i've heard of brand new, decent band. i'm a huge punk fan. cramer is a dumbass, a funny racist dmubass. screw everyone talking shit on howard!

BloodStripes said...

Who was that ballplayer years ago with the unfortunate surname of Kuntz. The U pronounced as a double O. With an Aussie accent it aint Koontz its......well you know what it is.....Kuntz!!!

Thats what those people complaining about Howard winning the MVP are.

KUNTZ!

BloodStripes said...

Skeeter you are right about the Phils having a better win percentage than St Louis. It does mean something. The top 4 teams in the league ought to make the playoffs. The Phils shoulda been there 2 years running. The rules were made by a bunch of Kuntz!! Ha!

GM-Carson said...

foul mouth that bloodstripes has, what a F!@# D$%^ S^&*

Skeeter said...

yes...they are all koooontz

also...bloodstripes are u from australia? I see in ur profile it says u are. I spent half a year over there in townsville in 2005. Best 5 months ever.

also...i encourage foul mouths on here. I welcome it with open arms

BloodStripes said...

I know I am not offending you 2 big burly blokes but I should add. I do not intend to offend. Just a play on words. Having a laugh.

Yes Skeeter I am in Australia. South Coast of New South Wales. A place called Jervis Bay. About 3 hours drive south of Sydney.

North Queensland is beautiful. Townsville, dry and hot. A good day for the beach everyday of the year in Townsville. What got you there? Work or play?

Skeeter said...

I went to study a semester at JCU. It was suppose to be work...but quickly turned into play. And yea it is hot as hell there. Gorgeous beach weather. That country is amazing. I never made it south really...was in melbourne for about 4 days but stayed northeast most the time.

PS. Hilltop Hoods was my favorite music while I was over there.

BloodStripes said...

Hilltop Hoods are cool. Some funny lyrics too. Good band.

The country up there is beautiful. National park heaven. Rainforests all over. The barrier reef. Too good. Glad you enjoyed it.