Wednesday, March 21

I am here to help take your mind off the pain

I had a very nice post lined up for today that talked about the different scenarios that could come up this season concerning Jon Lieber, the bullpen and the trade market. That has been scratched. If you are a Phillies fan, you know why...

Okay... So... Garcia is temporarily out with elbow stiffness. The length of the injury (as of midnight, Thursday) is uncertain. Also, our young catcher with some promise was also scratched from last nights game. I am not here to cry about this situation or predict a horrible 2007 season. I am here to attempt to keep your spirits high. I have three things to say:

  1. We have considerable depth at both positions. If Garcia starts on the DL, Lieber can step up. If Ruiz starts on the DL, Coste can fill in. Both are possible step-downs, however, both will still give us chances to win games.

  2. Both injuries could be nothing. Garcia had stiffness and Ruiz had soreness. There was no mention of the words "pop" "crack" "snap" "tear" "tommy john" or "erectile dysfunction." Any mention of those words could be very bad...especially the last one.

  3. Carmen Electra...



I hope Carmen and I helped to ease the pain. If you are a religious man, pray for the best...

6 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I've never loved seeing a picture of Carmen Electra so much before. Thank you Skeeter!

furiousBall said...

You know she's supposed to be announcing that she and Joan Jett are an item at some big lesbian thing soon.

That's my favorite flavor of ice cream by the way, "Melted on Carmen Electra". Does Ben and Jerry's carry that?

Anonymous said...

I don't think even Carmen Electra pictures can help ease my worries over the bullpen. But thanks for trying!

GM-Carson said...

what about nude pictures?

Skeeter said...

Now now...this site is rated G. Well, not really at all.

By the way, I just saw 300 for a third time and am jacked up to kill some Persians (Mets). That movie took my mind off the Phillies struggles...which don't seem so horrible now

GM-Carson said...

Wait, you went to the theatre 3 times to see the same movie? LOSER!!!!



I kid, I kid.