Saturday, January 20

Phloggers are better than 'writers'

I have come to the conclusion that people who don't live in (or write for) Philadelphia should not talk about Philly sports. The example I am using comes from Steve DiMeglio of the USA Today. I found this article yesterday and thought it was cool that a national paper was talking about our little Phils. It was all fine and dandy until halfway through I read:

Acquiring pitchers hasn't consumed all of Gillick's time. With longtime catcher and fan favorite Mike Lieberthal lost to the Dodgers as a free agent, Gillick signed free agent catcher Rod Barajas, who has hit 47 homers in 325 games over the past three seasons with Texas.

First: Did we really lose Lieberthal to the Dodgers? We never wanted him back. This isn't really a loss for Philadelphia

Second: I found it hilarious how DiMeglio tried to make Barajas look like a stud with his amazing 47 homers...in three years

Third: FAN FAVORITE!! I mean, I didn't hate the guy. But from 2004 on, would you consider him a fan favorite?

He also reiterates this statement later in the article:

Longtime fan favorite Mike Lieberthal is gone, and free agent signee Rod Barajas is the favorite to become the starter.

Want another dumb comment?

Rugged Aaron Rowand is tough enough to play linebacker for the Eagles. He missed 50 games last year after he broke his nose crashing into a fence. Has good power for a center fielder, too.

First: He missed 15 games due to his broken nose. The remainder was missed when he almost killed our star at 2nd

Second: His only good power year was 2004 when he hit 24 homeruns. He hit 12 with the Phillies and 13 in 2005. I wouldn't really consider power his strong point.

The rest of the article is ok. I just thought all you Phillies fans would find some of this stuff funny. Bottom line: Every author of every blog listed to the right could do better than this when talking about the Phightins. And maybe I am just being harsh because I am bored with nothing to talk about. Or maybe it is because the Phillies are like my kid sister...anytime I see some dickhead messing with them or not doing them justice, my gut instinct says slaughter and destroy.

I googled slaughter and this picture came up. I want to be in a band like this.

LATER

6 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Oh, the glory days of 80's/early 90's metal...rock on Slaughter!

I don't take myself too seriously on my blog, but I do feel that I do a decent job at presenting the team with humor and actual facts. This blog thing is great, and it's my hobby now. At least it's better than wasting hours on Playstation, on the blog I have to exercise my mind a bit.

D. Page said...

Awesome post. Seriously, how is this guy being paid to write nonsense like that?

BloodStripes said...

The little sister.......slaughter and destroy line is an all-time classic. Even though I am on the other side of the world that is how I feel sometimes. Top line Skeeter. Loyalty means everything.

Can I talk about the Phils even though I am where I am? Ha!....But you know Skeeter, your right because it is very hard to keep up with things when the internet is your only source. What I would do for a few radio or TV reports when no-where near a computer.

Skeeter said...

Thanks page. I agree. This guy is probably Ed Wade's mentally challenged brother or something

Bloodstripes!...where have you been?! Ive been up at night hoping you were alright.

BloodStripes said...

Thanks for the concern Skeeter but work and time differences are playing havoc with my online Phillie time.

Anonymous said...

kam naložiti denar [url=http://www.vzajemniskladi.info]skladi alta[/url]