Wednesday, November 15

How the Wes was won

Besides Helms, the only other Wes I have ever known was Wes Borland...the bad ass guitarist from supergroup Limp Bizkit. And while Fred Durst was a homo, Borland was always cool as hell (as made obvious by the picture to the right). And while Wes Helms won't ever be as cool or badass as Borland, he still has the potential to make me a happy fan. As of now, 12:11 am Thursday morning, the Phillies are close to a deal for two years worth 5.5 million dollars with an option for a third. Considering what players are making this year (Derosa), I am not complaining about the cash. His avg and OBP has pretty much increased every year of his career and had nice numbers with RISP in 06. I don't see his .429 batting average at the Bank as anything to look to deeply into. 14 at bats is no sample size, however, being a right handed hitter he will easily benefit from batting in Philadelphia. He doesn't have the best glove in the league and the last time he played close to a full year at 3b his fielding pct was .945. If we can get the sort of production out of him for over 130 games like the Brewers did in 2003 with a line of .261/23/67, I'll be satisfied. Plus....we all must not forget the underlying theme of signing Wes Helms: HE IS NOT ABRAHAM NUNEZ!!!

So let us jump for joy...


And do the happy dance...


Because mr .211...


will not be our everday third baseman
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
but oh no...


I forgot who our manager is...



Never the less, Helms for the price we got him at is a decent pick-up. I am not going to sit here and call Gillick a genuis for signing him, however, there were worse options out there. And like I stated above, this should keep Nunez out of the batter's box for most of the year.

also...my editing job for the mr .211 picture is superb.

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

your edit job for the no-hit nunez pic is awesome....great fricken job!

helms ain't great, but he's better than what we had.

Skeeter said...

thanks. im probably now going to have to switch my major from marketing to digital art...ill put the abe pic on my resume